Sunday, October 9, 2011

Cloudy day = first hint of fall?


My photo shoot for this week is at our little zoo, where I'm starting volunteer training. I couldn't resist being outside, this weekend is so beautiful.


I'm not used to it being so warm well into fall. We haven't had a cold day yet, even though it's sometimes cloudy. In Indiana I bet they're getting lots of rain and chilly wind...

Bear Hollow has a nice selection of native wildlife, but the animals weren't really into photo-ops today. This bald eagle was the exception. It must have very limited flight capabilities because its enclosure was open at the top and you could look down into it.


At one point, when I was at maximum zoom to get the face of a tortoise, this dad with his family told his kids to watch out for the "spy camera." Lol.
I thought of taking pictures of actual human beings, but I didn't get up the courage to ask anyone for permission and didn't want to be creepy. A self-portrait will have to suffice.







No comments:

Post a Comment